Full Name:
Email:

This is a continuation of my blog. Try to read the first part before you read this.

How to Work in Singapore Part 1

Where to stay? 

If you are a tourist and not looking for job, hotel may be the best place for you. But if you are a jobseeker with a limited budget, you may try a hostel, a bed space or rent the whole room on per day or per head basis. For a hostel, prices start at $13 per day. For a bedspace, prices starts at $10 up per day. Some Filipinos are offering their house for bedspace plus free use of all the amenities for cooking and washing. If you want some privacy and wants to rent the whole room, you can do so. Prices for that starts at $300 up to $700 depending on the location, room size and amenities. It’s up to you to negotiate with the owner how many persons will stay on that room. Try to check this youtube site for a sample place to stay CLICK HERE . If you are on the way to Singapore and wants to look for place to stay, try www.pinoysg.com. It’s an online community where there are lots of posts regarding a place to stay here in Singapore. For a detailed list of available place to stay, try this site CLICK HERE



How much is the cost of living? 

Living in Singapore is also expensive. However, there are lots of ways to save and it depends on you. To give you an idea how much, I will give you an example. Me and four of my friends are renting the house for $1500 monthly. It’s like a condominium, newly built and we were on the 9th floor. It has 3 big rooms, 2 CR, kitchen, living room and fully furnish with big TV, refrigerator, washing machine, etc. By the way, all houses here are condominium style whether you are rich or poor individual. Divided by 5, we pay $300 each. For food we contribute $50 dollars, utility bills $40, cable tv $9 and internet service for $5 each. Everyday, my daily budget for bus fare plus meal is around $5 for a total of $100 if I work 20 days a month. All in all that would be $504. It’s expensive because we get a big house. You can try for a smaller house or rent a room that is cheaper if you want. If you will earn $2500 a month, then you will still have a big savings. For more details on prices of rooms and houses, you may visit site like www.roomsdb.net.

Can you give me other details about Singapore?

Language spoken here are Chinese Mandarin, Tamil and Malay but all Singaporeans can speak English. Mode of transportation here are thru trains, buses and taxi. For cheaper plane fare, you may try budget airlines like Tiger Airways, Cebu Pacific and Jetstar. What else….hhhmmmm. Proceed to 3rd part if you're still interested.

How to Work in Singapore Part 3

Be sure to subscribe on the newsletter to receive updates from me.

If you are ready to go, read this FAQ first. CLICK HERE

Then visit another blog, How to Apply Jobs in Singapore


CHECK AVAILABLE SINGAPORE JOBS HERE ---> Singapore Jobs


Visit my other blogs How to Work in Japan | How to Work in Canada | How to Work in Dubai





***SUBSCRIBE in our newsletter to receive updates.***


24 comments

  1. aininkris  

    May 12, 2008 at 8:10 AM

    hi...just read ur blogs and it really helps, guess u've inspired many people about this...from the truest sense of those words...
    anyways, can an undergraduate apply jobs there in singapore or one should be a degree holder to work there? hope you could answer my question. thank you...godbless.

  2. paul nunez  

    May 29, 2008 at 11:11 PM

    hi! i just want to know how big is my chance to find a job there? right now i am in Japan working as welder but my contract would end this november. i am scouting for another place to work after my contract here and i think singapore is a good place to work. hope to receive you answer, thank you....

  3. CAR222  

    August 26, 2008 at 9:42 PM

    Hi! Your blog is very informative and I will recommend it to my friends esp those who are interested in working and living in Singapore.
    I'm planning to go to Singapore this September as a tourist and I'll be looking for a job there as a teacher. I am a licensed teacher here in the country and I also have internationally-recognized certificates. What are my chances of getting hired in Singapore as such? Do I need to tell the immig officer that I'll be seeking employment so that I can stay there for at least 30-60days even if I don't have EPEC? Btw, my brother is working there & he's an S-pass holder and my friends are PR's already & they say a lot of good things abt Singapore.

    Pls enlighten me. Thanks a lot :) More Power!

  4. Anonymous  

    August 27, 2008 at 5:14 AM

    hi lex_ninin. mas malaki kasi ang chance pag degree holder ka. dito nagmamatter talaga kapag nakatapos ka.

  5. Anonymous  

    August 27, 2008 at 5:16 AM

    hi paul nunez....if you are a welder, try mo sa canada or new zealand. very in demand ang ganyang skills don. honestly, i don't recomment you to apply here. censya kung rude ako...honest opinion lang po.

  6. Anonymous  

    August 27, 2008 at 5:19 AM

    hi car222...honestly di ko alam ang job demand ng mga teachers dito. you may try to visit those job sites listed, tingnan mo kung maraming hiring. dont ever tell the immigration officer na mag aapply ka dito. tell mo lang na tourist ka, thats it.

  7. Unknown  

    January 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM

    Hi! I'm working currently as Team Leader in one of the Call Center, Philippines. One my previous account Eureka (Singapore Campaign) and planning to work in Singapore in the near future.

    Do I have chance to work their? Most probably how much money needed to survive their for 2 months while looking for a job? Thanks!

  8. Unknown  

    January 26, 2009 at 8:28 PM

    What are the most common questions ng mga immigration officer?

  9. Unknown  

    January 26, 2009 at 9:00 PM

    Your saying na you friend is working in a call center? is it? Do we have chance to work in the same company? and Undergrad can also work as call center agent?

  10. Richard Macalintal  

    April 19, 2009 at 5:30 AM

    hi guyz. for your queries, please post it in the forum www.howtoworkabroad.com/forum

  11. Anonymous  

    May 19, 2009 at 4:57 AM

    Hi! your blog is very inspiring. I'm really planning to try my luck in singapore. now, it made me realize to have a generous amount to be able to start. keep up the deed kind soul! -Isabelle

  12. Richard Macalintal  

    December 3, 2009 at 6:15 AM

    guyz...pag may mga tanong pa kayo, email nyo n lang sa ken.... howtoworkabroad@gmail.com

  13. Anonymous  

    May 5, 2010 at 7:58 PM

    good day chard, im inspired ur blog it gives me hope! i have a money to produce to get a job... im so willing and able my husband is working there but different nationality im a graduate of public administration and i have experienced of secretarial job im 32 yrs. and im on shipping industry,forwarding,etc. im eager to read ur response,thank u and Godspeed!

  14. Unknown  

    May 6, 2010 at 5:16 PM

    hi richard, just wanted to let you know that your blog rocks. it is very informative. me and my friend will be there soon. i just wanted to ask you what are the questions we need to answer before we leave, do we need to provide a proof that we have relatives there and are there any Industrial Engineering jobs offered there? please shoot me an email if you have time.we will be leaving very soon.thank you and Godless..

  15. Anonymous  

    May 25, 2010 at 7:43 AM

    Your blogs are very helpful. I'm thinking of going to Singapore (with my husband and daughter) to work and eventually get our PR.

    I've checked the epec website and explore all the possible ways to get there. I should be there pala as tourist so I can apply for a job. Maybe that's the reason why they are not replying to my online application.

    Im a HR practitioner here in the Phils. for 17 years now, mid level. Ask ko lang if Human resource is up in Singapore job market. To further my skills, I am planning to take a certification from HR WSQ (jan sa Singapore) - thinking this would give me a competitive advantage.?? Will they honor this one? (coz I already have my bachelor's degree in psychology in feu)

    I am also completing an on-line study course in Children Services (child carer) sa australia. is this also up in Singapore? I enrolled myself into this one coz this is in-demand in NZ, Australia and Canada - and HR is not.

    What else can we prepare before going there?

    Thanks a lot. i hope you'll find time to reply on this email

    Thanks and more power to you!

  16. Anonymous  

    November 1, 2010 at 10:08 AM

    Hi,

    Have about the invitation letter, for how long it is valid and ilang beses sya puede gamitin? hope you can reply right away as in need ko talaga malaman. Thank you so much.

    Sandee

  17. Jessie Ooi  

    September 1, 2011 at 7:47 AM

    Hey is the
    room for rent in singapore
    still available?

  18. Gizelle  

    September 20, 2011 at 5:00 PM

    Hello po, AB Psychology Graduate po ako from dlsud pero po ang experience ko kasi ay hindi related sa course ko, Admin Assistant po ang experience ko. May possibility po ba na makahanap ako ng work sa Singapore? Thank you,

  19. Calvin  

    September 28, 2011 at 9:49 AM

    hi sir.. i will be graduate april next year with the degree of Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and its my planned after my graduation day to go in singapore... I just want you to asked my chance to get a job in singapore especially in my case i am a fresh graduate.. thank you..

  20. Gainesville apartment  

    October 10, 2011 at 4:41 AM

    just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts.

  21. Gainesville apartment  

    October 10, 2011 at 4:45 AM

    Thank you, thats very interesting information. I need to share with my friends.

  22. room for rent in singapore  

    April 14, 2012 at 8:58 AM

    hey, feel free to use our site for singapore room rentals!

  23. Rodel Dumapal  

    May 12, 2012 at 6:38 PM

    hi! I am an registered electronic Engineer. at present i am working as chief technician in a radio broadcasting network here in Phils. I'd like to fallow my wife there, working as DH.... if ever do I have a big chance to find for a job singapore if ever? since I will only be entering SG with only a tourist visa? Is Electronics Engineer in demand in Singapore?

  24. Anonymous  

    May 15, 2012 at 6:27 PM

    Thanks for the info.God bless...